Pages

Friday, October 9, 2015

Gypsy Girls go Rallying

                                                       

Jasmin & Mandy


Gypsy Girls go Rallying, Competition no.6 aptly called Gypsy Girls share their experience of the Rally.
Jasmin
CAR R.A.L.L.Y ?!! ME?? You gotta be kidding me.
That was my reaction before having an experience of a life time with Western Motorsports.
The Car Rally, organised by Cankids… Kidscan, national society for change for Childhood Cancer in India and Western Motorports, a Motor Sport outfit from Jaipur, was to raise funds for children affected with Cancer as well as to create awareness about Childhood cancer in Rajasthan.
Team Western Motorsports had organised 4 days of non- stop excitement and adrenaline pumping competitions like treasure Hunt, TSD along with giving us a chance to see the beauty of Rajasthan unfurl before our eyes while passing through the back roads of Ajmer, Udaipur and Jaipur.
Purpose of the rally was for each of us to have fun and enjoy the run, which was made sure by WM and also to give back to society by making the naive people of Rajasthan aware that childhood cancer is curable and Cankids is there to support them.
My words are not enough to thank each and every member of Team WM for giving me these memories of a lifetime. Each team member was highly professional and committed to the role they were assigned during the rally – officials, Marshals, photographers.
Starting from competitor briefing at GECC which was brilliantly done by one of the rally officials to scrutiny, preparing the cars, standing in the sun during the TSDs, clicking pictures throughout the day and finally getting us back home safely, each task  was carried out with utmost diligence and care.
I can go on and on singing praises but would stop here and say R.A.L.L.Y with Western Motorsports and my Partner?!! U Bet………Team WM, you definitely fuel adrenaline ………Bring it on guys!!
Mandy
Another car rally? Sure, why not. Being an explorer has afforded me many new experiences and the idea of a 1600 km rally around the interiors of Rajasthan was thrilling.
Being the only single driver was a task I volunteered to take on, knowing it was one that was way out of my comfort zone….but isn’t that where miracles happen?!!
Thank you Cankids, for allowing individuals to be a part of their truly noble cause, of providing support and aid to not only children with cancer but also to their families. It’s humbling to help in any way at all.
Now, for Western Motorsports…….I’ am convinced no team of driver and navigator could have tried to win this rally as hard as we did. Think the ambulance trailing behind us knew we’d burst a nerve and refused to leave us be, even on our attempts of roadside leaks :p
Truly, grateful to the Team WM, your guys rock!!
Sabrina
I never thought that at the age of 7, I would have such a bombastic experience. I enjoyed rally more than the bike rides with my Mamu. Western Motor sports uncles you all are super cool. I miss you all. Thanks to all of you.
Special thanks to Cankids and  Poonam Bagai for convincing my mumma to bring me on board.
I would love to go Vroom Vroom in future too with only Western Motorsports…….
Mandy (Driver), I am a soft skill and behavioral facilitator. Graduate in graphic design and Master in advertising. Also a marathon runner, I play the African Djembe Drums and love to paint
Jasmin (Navigator) physiotherapist by profession working with Cankids as an Executive Assistant to Ms Poonam Bagai, Founder Chairman, CanKids and also volunteer at Project Sunshine.